The Michigan Journal of Law Reform (JLR) selects around forty-five editors annually from the rising second-year law school class. Following the law school semester in May, rising 2Ls may apply to become a member of the Journal through the student journal application process.
Selection is based on a competitive process that takes into account an applicant’s writing sample, resume, statement of interest, and performance on editing exercises. Applicants are also required to identify an area of law in need of reform that could serve as the basis for a Note.
- Michigan Law Journal Registration and Application Website
- Contains important information about applying to all journals at the University of Michigan Law School
- Contains important dates regarding registering and applying for journals
- Journal of Law Reform Application Page
- Contains information and resources for applying to the Journal of Law Reform
- Explains why you should consider applying to join the Journal
|Friday, April 16, 2021||Registration opens at 8:00 am Eastern. Information site for the Journal of Law Reform will go live on the Michigan Law Journal Registration and Application website.|
|Friday, April 30, 2021||Registration to apply to the Journal of Law Reform closes at 4:00 pm Eastern.|
|Thursday, May 6, 2021||Applications open at 6:00 pm Eastern to apply for the Journal of Law Reform. Application materials will be available on the JLR application page.|
|Thursday, May 27, 2021||Applications for the Journal of Law Reform must be uploaded to the JLR application page by 4:00 pm Eastern on Thursday, May 27, 2021.|
We have found our JLR experience incredibly rewarding and enriching, and we hope you will join us as one of our 2021-2022 Associate Editors. Please feel free to reach out to Caroline Farrington (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Thomas Palumbo (email@example.com) at any time with questions or concerns. Thank you again for considering the Michigan Journal of Law Reform. We look forward to reading your application!